What Are Porcelain Veneers?
A type of dental veneer, porcelain veneers are made from an ultra-thin, high-quality ceramic material that has several important qualities that we go over below.
Porcelain veneers are one of the most effective treatment methods for transforming the appearance of your smile. An experienced cosmetic dentist in Westborough, Dr. Nadia Daljeet can create a personalized smile makeover treatment plan using porcelain veneers to address a wide range of concerns or aesthetic goals.
Benefits of Porcelain Veneers
- Long Lasting
- Unlike composite resin veneers that require more maintenance (as they can chip), porcelain veneers are more durable, usually lasting anywhere from 12-25 years and rarely requiring any maintenance. Of course, if good oral hygiene is maintained.
- Stain Resistant
- If you have severe discoloration, malformation or misalignment of the teeth, porcelain is a better option for your unique circumstance, as they will are stain resistant.
- Custom Fit To Your Smile
- If your teeth are small and misaligned, then porcelain veneers would be the ideal option. Porcelain veneers are made from a mold of your teeth and then sized and fit proportionately to the other teeth in your mouth. This will ensure that your teeth are perfectly aligned and matching with all the teeth in your mouth.
- Instant Results
- One of the many benefits of porcelain veneers is their ability to provide immediate results that might otherwise take many months or years with traditional orthodontics.
- Natural Look
- Porcelain veneers provide a natural tooth appearance. Also, gum tissues tolerate porcelain well in comparison to alternative materials.
- Minimal Prep
- Veneers offer a conservative approach to changing a tooth’s color and shape; veneers generally don’t require the extensive shaping prior to the procedure that crowns do, yet offer a stronger, more aesthetic alternative.
Dental Problems That Porcelain Veneers Can Treat
- Gaps in your smile due to missing teeth or spacing issues
- Tooth discoloration
- Misalignment of teeth
- Cracked or broken teeth
- Different lengths of teeth
Schedule An Appointment
Dr. Nadia Daljeet will meet with you to discuss the best way to treat your smile. Including if you are a candidate for porcelain veneers. If you would like to schedule an appointment, call (508) 342-1519 or request an appointment online.