Are you afraid of the dentist? Do dental tools give you anxiety? Dr. Joseph Cheung and Dr. Jayesh Patel and the professional team at Westborough Dental Associates offer sedation dentistry treatment options to help relax patients for pain-free dental care. A variety of patients with differing needs can all benefit from this type of treatment. Before procedures, Dr. Cheung and Dr. Patel discuss patient’s dental concerns and any necessary procedures with them in a comfortable environment. Dr. Cheung and Dr. Patel and their staff participates in continuing education courses and are experienced in handling simple and complex dental cases every day.
The Benefits of Sedation Dentistry
- Can provide pain-free dental care
- Can provide anxiety-relief
- Allows dentists to work faster
- Reduces the gag reflex
- Can cause anterograde amnesia (the patient doesn’t remember the surgery)
Sedation dentistry can also benefit patients with the following conditions:
- Patients with dental fear or anxiety
- Patients with a low tolerance for pain
- Those who need multiple dental treatments in one visit
- Those with a poor gag reflex
- Patients with disabilities or movement disorder
- Special needs patients
- Those who have a phobia of needles, blood, or loud noises
Treatment with Sedation Dentistry
Before treatment, Dr. Cheung and Dr. Patel will ensure that the sedation method chosen aligns with your personal needs. Westborough Dental Associates offers these treatment options to patients:
- Oral Sedation: This option is administered in pill form and will take some time to take effect and wear off, so we always require that you have someone drive you to and from your appointment. Most patients will be prescribed an at-home dose to take prior to their dental visit.
- Nitrous Oxide: This option is a gas that is inhaled through a nose mask during your dental treatment. Nitrous oxide takes effect almost immediately but wears off fairly quickly. You will remain awake and responsive, but feel relaxed during treatment. Patients can typically drive themselves to and from their dental appointment.
Request an Appointment
Overcome your dental fear once and for all with the help of our dental team. Call Dr. Cheung and Dr. Patel and the staff of Westborough Dental Associates at (508) 342-1519. You can also schedule an appointment online here.