Restorative dentistry can play an important role in the long-term health, comfort, and stability of your smile. Restorative dental treatments can repair and replace teeth to give you back a smile that looks and feels great. Our dentist in Westborough MA offers the benefit of experienced, consultative dental care in Westborough to help patients enjoy the best possible dental experience. If you are suffering from poor oral health due to dental anxiety, we offer the convenience of sedation dentistry for relaxed and stress-free dental treatments. Learn more about the different tooth restoration options available to you.
Replace Missing Teeth with Restorative Dentistry
The goal of restorative dentistry is to restore your teeth to a functional and attractive state while preserving as much of the natural tooth structure as possible. Replacing your missing teeth with a dental implant, bridge, full or partial denture helps promote dental health as well as creating a more attractive smile. Allowing empty spaces in your smile can allow plaque-causing bacteria to build up, increasing your risk of tooth decay, and also cause erosion of jawbone and gum tissues. Missing teeth also place additional stress on your remaining natural teeth because there is less surface area to bite and chew with, so replacing teeth helps your remaining natural teeth stay healthy.
Westborough Dental Restorative Treatments
Because of the variety of dental treatments available for dental restoration, you now have many different options for repairing worn, decayed, damaged or missing teeth and restoring your smile:
- Teeth Whitening: Teeth whitening is a popular tooth restoration procedure that focuses on the aesthetic appeal of your teeth. Discoloration or stains on your enamel due to normal eating and drinking habits can leave you with a less than appealing smile.
- Dental Crown: Artificial teeth that cover over damaged teeth to restore their functioning.
- Dental Bridges: A means of replacing missing teeth using a crown over the empty space, supported by two adjacent crowned teeth.
- Dental Implants: Dental implants replace missing teeth with crowns mounted on titanium implant screws that serve as the root of the tooth.
- Inlays/Onlays: Inlays and onlays are fillings made of composite or porcelain materials used to repair decay or structural damage.
- Porcelain Veneers: Porcelain veneers are made of composite or porcelain laminates that are placed over damaged, chipped or crooked teeth and adhered with a bonding agent. If you have been unsuccessful with teeth whitening treatment, porcelain veneers are a viable alternative.
- Composite Bonding: Composite bonding is used to restore chipped, broken, decayed or discolored teeth. A composite material that looks like enamel is applied to the surface of a tooth or cavity and then shaped to repair flaws.
- Smile Makeover: Smile makeovers involve using more than one cosmetic procedure to achieve a desired look. The dentist may have to use a combination of cosmetic procedures such as veneers, implants, sculpting or whitening depending on the condition of your teeth and mouth.
Restorative Dentistry in Westborough, MA
If you feel you need the benefits of restorative dentistry, Westborough Dental Associates is here to help you. Contact our office today at (508) 342-1519 to schedule an appointment or consultation or contact us online.