Do you avoid the dentist out of fear? Are you looking for pain-free dental care? Westborough Dental Associates offers sedation dentistry to meet the needs of all of our patients. Fear of the dentist does not have to prevent you from enjoying a healthy, comfortable and functional smile. Our dentist in Westborough MA understands that many different factors can contribute to not visiting the dentist as often as you should.
Our team fosters a judgement-free dentist office. She will discuss your medical history and will discuss every step of your dental treatments to make you feel at ease. We work with you to determine the most suitable form of dental sedation for your needs. Oral conscious sedation can be the perfect solution for patients who:
- Suffer from dental anxiety, and fear of the dentist and dental equipment
- Require extensive or many invasive dental treatments
- Prefer to be completely relaxed during their dental visit
Although most patients do not think of relaxation when visiting the dentist, our team strives to make all patients feel welcome and comfortable. Our personalized approach to your oral health care means that we take the time to get to know you. We understand your unique needs and oral health risk factors. Our dental staff considers our patients to be members of an extended family, and are committed to helping you maintain your smile for a lifetime. We will discuss your personal fears and concerns and educate you on all aspects of your dental treatment to boost your confidence. Your visit with us will help you feel more relaxed, less anxious, and leave a lasting impression.
We offer two forms of dental sedation to meet your needs:
- Oral sedation: This option is administered in pill form. It is taken by mouth. Oral sedation will take some time to take effect and wear off, so we always require that you have someone drive you to and from your appointment. Most patients will be prescribed an at-home dose to take prior to their dental visit.
- Nitrous Oxide: This option is a gas that is inhaled through a nose mask during your dental treatment. Nitrous oxide takes effect almost immediately and wears off just as quickly. It is also known as “laughing gas”, not sleeping gas. You will remain awake and responsive, but feel relaxed and almost euphoric. Patients can typically drive themselves to and from their dental appointment.
Both options mentioned above enables you to be alert and responsive during your procedure, while feeling completely stress-free and relaxed. Most patients will have little or no memory of their treatment. Sedation dentistry can enable anxious and fearful patients to quickly restore oral health. It is great for patients receiving multiple treatments during one visit.
Schedule a Dental Exam & Oral Sedation Consultation
If you have been avoiding the dentist and suffer from poor oral health, schedule a visit with our dentist in Westborough, MA! Learn more about how dental sedation can meet your oral health needs. Our office in Worcester County, Massachusetts serves patients of all ages from all surrounding communities.