Dental Implants An Overview
Dental implants can replace missing teeth with the most natural results possible. They restore both aesthetics and function that mimics a natural tooth, supporting your long-term dental health and the integrity of your jaw structure. They can be utilized to replace one lost tooth, several missing teeth or to secure a bridge or denture. Dr. Daljeet works with patients on an individual basis to determine if dental implants are the right solution for their tooth replacement needs.
Benefits of Dental Implants
Educating patients on the benefits when replacing a tooth or securing an appliance is an important part of the treatment planning process. We want our patients to play an active role in discussing their oral health needs and cosmetic goals so that the outcome is optimal and long-lasting.
When compared to alternatives such as a dental bridge or removable cosmetic denture, dental implants offer several key benefits for both oral and overall health:
- Replaces the lost tooth root: the implanted post serves as a prosthetic tooth root, stimulating bone cell growth and minimizing changes to the shape of the jaw and fit of the bite.
- No dietary restrictions: They are permanently secured to the jaw, allowing patients to enjoy their favorite foods without fear of slippage.
- Confident speech: the stability provided with a permanently secured restoration allows normal speech and can restore confidence in patients who have been suffering from either tooth loss or an ill-fitted denture that slips.
- No need for the use of daily adhesives: They are not removable and do not require special daily maintenance, just a good oral hygiene routine.
- No gum irritation: a secure and stable fit means that the gums and soft tissues are not subject to the movement of a denture that can lead to irritation and periodontal disease.
Am I a Candidate for Dental Implants?
With the many advances made in the materials and techniques for placing implants, the door has been opened for patients who may have bone loss, gum recession and other side effects of lost teeth. Dr. Daljeet takes the time to evaluate your dental health needs, discuss your cosmetic goals and present treatment options for your consideration.